Hot Dog Festival is possible through the efforts of a great committee and numerous volunteers working to benefit their local not for profit organizations. Special memories and new traditions are built at the Frankfort Hot Dog Festival each year. Thank you for celebrating with us.
Pop Up Market – Inside/Out Sidewalk Sale
What is it?
It is a monthly pop up market full of antique, vintage, salvage and upcycled finds and handmade creations, local businesses, artists, direct marketers, home-based businesses and others who have neat stuff to sell, creating temporary pop up stores both inside and outside in Downtown Frankfort.
When & Where is it?
Always the fourth Saturday of every month from 8 am – 3 pm – Downtown Frankfort on the sidewalks and inside storefronts. Aug 26th * Sept 23rd * Oct 28th * Nov 25th * Dec 23rd
Think you want to join us? Let us know today so we can get you on the map!
Nickel Plate Flats Update – Joe Blake & Mike Sandry with Ironmen Properties
• 74 units of market rate rentals
• Amenities to attract people to downtown
o Great location with views of the historic courthouse square
o High quality finishes – granite countertops, SS appliances, modern lights
o Security – electronic key fob for building and units
Video cameras throughout interior and exterior
Why Nickel Plate Flats in Frankfort?
• We love the historic downtown … it is worth preserving
• In the ‘60’s suburban malls began to suck the life out of downtowns
• 50 years of urban sprawl have left many downtowns in shambles
• Since the early 2000’s there has been a slow resurgence in downtowns
o Conservationists want to limit sprawl
o Historical preservationists want to restore the grandeur of downtowns
o Millennials want to live in the city centers
o Baby boomers want less tying them down and want to travel
So, it’s a calculated risk … Is it reasonable?
• In Lebanon 2/3rds of residents came from outside of city
• Income of residents is 15% higher than average Lebanon income
• A broad demographic of residents – young pro’s, seniors, mid-career managers, engineers, professor, police officer
It is not all about IMP maximizing revenue … Jeremiah 29:7 – Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.
How can you help?
• Speak positively about the development … be a supporter and encourager
• As appropriate send referrals to the apartments … www.nickelplateflats.com
• View this as a community project … we all need for this to succeed
• If you are interested, invest as an owner … see me for details
• If you have further questions, comments, or suggestions … take a business card
Available Building Locator
Property owners in the Downtown Historic District who have vacant spaces can contact Frankfort Main Street to complete a Building Availability form. This information will them be added to the Frankfort Main Street website to be accessible by the public.
Do you have a message or idea that you would like to share?
Contact us today with the details and we will pass your message along.
Frankfort Main Street, Inc. 62 M Main Street Frankfort, IN 46041
Get involved now to be part of something big in 2017! Schedule your meeting today, call
654-4081 or email email@example.com